Monday, December 7, 2009

A Musical Post!

So I decided to make a few lists since it is the end of 2009 and the end of the 00's. Here are my fave (not neccesarily the best) CDs of these years...

Top Ten CDs of the Decade
In no particular order (b/c I'm just horrible at picking favortites.)

1. Five Score and Seven Years Ago, Relient K
-Made me love RK, they're best yet I believe.
-Fave Tracks: I Need You, Forgiven, Must Have Done Something Right, Devestation and Reform, Taking You With Me, Bite My Tongue, Deathbed

2. MMHMM, Relient K
-My second fave Rk album
-FT: I So Hate Consequences, Be My Escape, High of 75, Who I am Hates Who I've Been, Maintain Consciousness, Which to Bury; Us or the Hatchet?

3. Awake, Skillet
-First Skillet Album I heard (and loved)
-FT: Monster, Awake and Alive, Hero, Lucy

4. Ocean Eyes, Owl City
-I love the sound of this album- very light-hearted and happy. I didn't know I liked electronic til I heard this.
-FT: Meteor Shower, Tip of the Iceberg, Fireflies, Vanilla Twilight

5. Revelation, Third Day
-This is a great CD, I love Mac's voice! The tunes and lyrics are awesome.
-FT: This Is Who I Am, Call My Name, Let Me Love You, Born Again

6. Expect the Impossible, Stellar Kart
-This is SK's best album! I love the sound of the CD, great lyrics!
-FT: Innocent, Pray, Shine Like the Stars, Letters, Jesus Loves You, Eyes

7. How Can We Be Silent, BarlowGirl
-BarlowGirl’s best CD IMO. The whole album has a great message.
-FT: Song for the Broken, Million Voices, One More Round, Here’s My Life, I Believe In Love, Sweet Revenge

8. Love is On the Move, Leeland-I LOVE this CD! Leeland’s best…*happy sigh*
-FT: The Door, Pure Bride, Carry Me On Your Back, Weak Man, Love is On the Move

9. Welcome to Diverse City, TobyMac
-though I do enjoy Toby’s more gospel/soul stuff, I do enjoy the rap
-Whoopsi-daisy (catchafire), The Slam, Atmosphere, Gone, Diverse City, Burn for You

10. Closer, Josh Groban
-haha, not quite a Grobanite but almost it helps that since I’m Hispanic and speak Spanish, I can actually understand most of the songs…
-Oceano, When You Say You Love Me, Remember When it Rained, My Confession, Si Volvieras a Mí, You Raise Me Up


Nominees:
Another Journal Entry, BarlowGirl
Alive Again, Matt Maher
Birds and Cages, Deas Vail
Comatose, Skillet
We Can’t Stand Sitting Down, Stellar Kart
Forget and Not Slow Down, Relient K
Dying for a Heart, Krystal Meyers
Live Life Loud, Hawk Nelson
Sound of Melodies, Leeland
Over and Underneath, Tenth Avenue North
Portable Sounds, TobyMac
Opposite Way, Leeland
Two Lefts Don’t Make a Right but Three Do, Relient K
Wherever You Are, Third Day
The Face of Love, Sanctus Real

Top Ten Cds of 2009

1. Forget and Not Slow Down, Relient K
-a great follow up CD, though it doesn't match some of their others. It does have some nice raw emotion though...
-FT: Forget and Not Slow Down, This is the End (If You Want It), I Don't Need a Soul, Savannah
2. Love is On the Move, Leeland
-spoke of this before

3. Awake, Skillet
-and this one

4. Ocean Eyes, Owl City
-and this one as well...

5. Hello Hurricane, Switchfoot
-not their best CD but I like it alot
-Mess of Me (changed my mind), The Sound, Needle and Haystack Life, Your Love is a Song

6. Love and War, BarlowGirl
-not as good as the previous CD but still worth listening to
-Beautiful Ending, Time for You to Go, Love and War

7. Live Life Loud, Hawk Nelson
-I think this is their best CD
-Eggshells, Live Life Loud, 'Tis So Sweet

8. Everything is Different Now, Stellar Kart
-I have not listened to this CD yet but I know it will be amazing!!! And I had to support my third favorite band :P

9. Birds and Cages, Deas Vail
-I love the melodies, vocals, and uniqueness of this album/band
-Birds, Cages, Excuses, Atlantis, The Great Physician, The Leaper, Sunlight

10. Alive Again, Matt Maher
-it was great to see him live preforming these songs, they're really meaningful.
-Alive Again, Shout of the Kind, You were on the Cross, Hold Us Together



also my friend from NarniaWeb, MissAravis/Kat/theheartrender made it in to The Rocket Summer's new music video "You Gotta Believe"! Here's a link. http://video.aol.com/video-detail/the-rocket-summer-you-gotta-believe/1119664374 She plays piano at 1:25 in a blue shirt. I'm so excited for her!!! Here's a link to her youtube channel as well- she makes some awesome covers of songs... http://www.youtube.com/user/theheartrender

Photobucket

No comments: